I decided almost randomly to go vegan this summer, and one of my big hesitations was trying to figure out what I was going to eat since I now could not longer eat my then dietary staples: eggs and dairy. So, my youngest sister and I sought out many recipes, and one for cauliflower buffalo bites, however, we found this recipe before I went vegan. My sister, being the loving foodie that she is, found a completely vegan recipe for cauliflower buffalo bites, which she tested out with earlier this evening. So, here we go again:
- 1 head of cauliflower (~4-5 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix milk, water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper; make sure the mixture is not too thick nor thin.
- Coat cauliflower with batter; bake for 25 minutes and flip halfway through.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, mix hot sauce and butter; take off as the butter starts to melt, and mix sauce.
- Put baked cauliflower in a mixing bowl and coat cauliflower with sauce mixture evenly.
- Put bake on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flip halfway through.
- Serve warm, and best over plain rice.
Cook up some tasty food and tell me how it goes,