Found some inspiration scrolling through Pinterest to try out something sans recipe, for the must part! The original recipe was for broccoli and cheese quinoa cups, but it was not vegan and I did not feel like baking off the delicious looking mixture after cooking it on the stovetop. So, for a simple, quick-ish, and delicious meal for four (if you manage to not eat the entire thing yourself):
- 2 cups of water,
- 1 cup of quinoa,
- 1/2 cup of Daisy cheddar cheeze shreds, and
- 1/4 cup of broccoli florets.
All you need to do is:
- Bring all the water to a boil,
- Add quinoa to boiling water and turn down heat to allow to simmer until cooked through (about 10-15 minutes) and stir occasionally (no one likes food stuck to the bottom of saucepans)
- With about five minutes left of the quinoa’s cook time add in the broccoli,
- Once all the water has boiled off and been absorbed, mix in the cheeze until deliciously sticky,
- And, finally, allow to cool slightly and serve warm!
Peace, love, and vegan eating,
P.S. The picture for this post has peas in it. Feel free to substitute or add in your favorite bite-sized veggies!